Olympus E-510/410

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have decided I want to get the Olympus E-410/510 instead of the Canon Rebel XTi.. But I dont understand the difference between the E-410 and the E-510.. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
Jesse

That doesnt help.. I already looked at it, it also says nothing about the difference..

and supposedly the 410 is a tad smaller. Physically.

I have decided I want to get the Olympus E-410/510 instead of the Canon Rebel XTi.. But I dont understand the difference between the E-410 and the E-510.. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
Jesse

Theres a full comparison of the E-410 and E-510 here ...

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e410-e510.html

IS really seems to be the only technical difference, there are other "feature" options, like changing which direction to turn the focus ring but where the differences lay on features doesn't seem to amount to much, like I said, with the exception of IS, thats really the only technical difference ...

Heres the snippet from one reviewer ...
A matter of choice

Every week I receive a few email messages from Readers who ask my advice about choosing between these two cameras. Frankly, I cannot give you a clear recommendation.

If you think you really need image stabilization, then you have to get the the E-510. Just don't be surprised if this does not solve all your problems with blurry pictures in low light.

If this is not the case, the choice becomes a matter of personal preference. Both cameras deliver equally good images, both share the same features and adjustments. The simplification of user interface in the E-410 is a plus, but you may be among the (very) few people who will miss the removed external controls or preference options. On the other hand, the 85 g difference in weight may be an advantage of the E-410 if you like to travel really light; so may be its flat body shape, if you like the traditional (non-grip) classic film cameras of the past.

If this did not help you to make your mind, visit a local camera store and try how both cameras feel in your hands, then follow your intuition. In either case, you will not regret your choice.
Some people have complained about the grip too ...

This is what had me scratching my head when I started my research, with the exception of IS and a few extra options these cameras are pretty much identical and the reviews I have seen seem to back that up.

Most reactions

Back