Olympus E-620 Ebay package...considering it

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this on ebay and it perked my curiosity:
Olympus E-620 E620 Camera + ED 14-42mm + 70-300mm KIT - eBay (item 350220792050 end time Aug-30-09 23:34:22 PDT)

Basically the "kits" on Ebay you told me to stay away from; but this one has a lot of good feedback, and from what I can tell it's just the camera and the lenses, not the other crap I don't need. It's certainly tempting.

I love my Canon Powershot sx10is, and will continue to use it. I'm still not sure if I'll even by an SLR at this point, but one thing that looked nice on this was the various modes I can choose from for pre-sets on color/art settings, etc. Price is comparable to the latest Rebel; just looks like you get some more settings on this one.

Hmm, what to do. So many options out there!

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Again, I'm just am amaetur and shoot mainly wildlife, birds, plants, or shots around town or when traveling. Why did I get so obsessed with this hobby?
Thanks,
Paul

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Actually saw it also for $800 used, same kit, also on Ebay. Seems like a good deal.

Hrm. You're missing much of the normal range of focal lengths. That'd bug me.

Read are review of the camera and each lens before buying. However, it does look like a pretty good deal. Just take into consideration whether or not you want to go full-frame down the line, what flash systems are offered to you by buying Olympus, their lens line-up, etc. If you take all these things into consideration first, you'll be much happier later when you decide to expand your system.

Thanks for the link. I'll swing by a camera store and compare the Olympus to the Canon; does look like a good deal though.

Nobody mentioned it so I may be wrong but I'll bring it up anyway.

This is coming from Taiwan, would the warranty be valid here in the US? You may want to check with Olympus.

Hrm. You're missing much of the normal range of focal lengths.

Not really. Olympus cameras have a crop factor of 2; the field of view of the 14-42mm is equivalent to 28-84 in 35mm terms, which covers the 'normal' range of focal lengths.

The package looks like a good value; the one I was looking at was used, but the seller has good feedback. Comes with 3 lenses. My dilema is that I do currently have a great camera, which I'd keep and use, the Canon Powershot sx10 IS which has many great features and gives me great shots. So I keep wondering, I'm I lighting a fire to $900 or so just to have something that will do what I already can do, save for a longer shutter speed and some fancier settings? At this point I'm leaning toward going for it as I take the hobby seriously and really want to get into it even more, but we'll see. I'm guessing I would be the first guy on this forum with more than one camera :eek:)

The package looks like a good value; the one I was looking at was used, but the seller has good feedback. Comes with 3 lenses. My dilema is that I do currently have a great camera, which I'd keep and use, the Canon Powershot sx10 IS which has many great features and gives me great shots. So I keep wondering, I'm I lighting a fire to $900 or so just to have something that will do what I already can do, save for a longer shutter speed and some fancier settings? At this point I'm leaning toward going for it as I take the hobby seriously and really want to get into it even more, but we'll see. I'm guessing I would be the first guy on this forum with more than one camera :eek:)
Nope you wouldn't be lighting a fire to $900 because you can always back out and sell the gear.

Most reactions

Back