Olympus Evolt E500

303villain said:
i honestly havent tried using raw yet, i might have to give it a shot just to see what my puter does with it. ive been using tiff so who knows. one thing i was told is that you can only use olympus flashes(by someone at school) but this is NOT true, i have an old vivitar 3500 flash, and it works GREAT, no problems at all. you can adjust the flash sync time in the menus too, which helps for sure(for simplicity i usually just set it to 1/60).
iagree with using the CF as opposed to xd, but its nice to have the convenience of both(just the other day i ran out of room on my 1gb compactflash and my point and shoot uses xd so i wasnt SOL

Interesting to hear about the flash, as I've been looking for a new flash, but still have the one from my OM days. I have a feeling that may be a bit too old though......

I know trigger voltages can be a big problem on the newer DSLR's so I'm going to try & seek some advice from my LCS before trying the old flash or parting with the cash for a new one.

regarding files I'm on broadband, so don't really have that problem, but I have noticed that even with 2 meg bb speed there is a noticeable upload time, I wouldn't want to try on a standard dial up.
I understand there is some compression software that can speed dial up connections to near, but sub broadband speeds. not sure what effect that may have on picture files though.

I've actually seen & been the successful bidder on a Metz 54 MZ3 flash, complete with the appropriate Olympus DSLR adaptor. 1/2 the cost of the equivalent Metz new, so I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back