Olypmus OM-D-E-M5?

I'm thinking of getting an OM-D as well. Currently I use a Olympus e-620 which is a great camera, but the higher resolution of the OM-D and the video capability are sooo tempting. Plus, I used OM cameras for decades, so the retro styling is appealing.

Has anyone used both cameras? If so, is the upgrade worthwhile (in your opinion)?

EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

A man after my own heart !. Most find it a bit strange, but when i saw , i thought, i want to make you great. It was taken in a plaza in Old Havana.

It was gone in less than an hour.

The dead rat image

I am tempted by one of these.
I am familiar with OM film cameras & have got used to using a PEN EPL-1 which I like a lot
I like long-ish exposure night photography & found the 1 minute limit of the EPL a bit restrictive.

I think I read somewhere that the OM-D does not go below ISO 200. I would be disappointed if this is correct.

I am tempted by one of these.
I am familiar with OM film cameras & have got used to using a PEN EPL-1 which I like a lot
I like long-ish exposure night photography & found the 1 minute limit of the EPL a bit restrictive.

I think I read somewhere that the OM-D does not go below ISO 200. I would be disappointed if this is correct.

It is correct BUT ISO 200 on the OM-D is really only ISO 100 as Oly has misrepresented ISO. Any good hand-held light meter will confirm what I just said. I have to use +.7 exposure compensation to get a properly exposed image.

I have an Olympus PEN E-PL5, which is almost identical to the OMD, and I love it. This is my first interchangeable lens camera so I have nothing to compare it to in that respect. Anyway, if the E PL5 is so fantastic, I can only imagine the OMD exceeding expectations. Just my 2 cents.

I can't find an Oly cable release. Am I missing something or does the OM-D support a 3rd party one?

Strange that Olympus don't do one themselves....not that I would insist on a OEM accessory just to press a button. Remote release is just a feature missing from my EPL-1 which will tempt me to upgrade.

A man after my own heart !. Most find it a bit strange, but when i saw , i thought, i want to make you great. It was taken in a plaza in Old Havana.

It was gone in less than an hour.

The dead rat image

Laf Ann. Then you will appreciate this shot:

$P1080933sm.jpg

Shot on Cayo Ensenachos, Cuba. The mice die of old age because the guests overfeed the cats. ;)

fun, thanks ron

Most reactions

Back