OMG, I just discovered Adobe Lightroom 2.1

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow. I was getting sick of the Canon software on my Mac... it was slow and kind of hard to use. Tonight I bought Lightroom 2 and WOW... now I know what it feels like to have a powerful PP tool.

I can't wait to play some more!

What do you guys use for PP?

The provided software from camera manufacturer, and a very cheap version of Photoshop CS4.

I couldn't stand LR when I used it. Seems to. I dunno.

I use Photo Mechanic for my front end organization and selection, Capture One for my raw processing and Lightroom for dodging and burning, with occasional Photoshop for more intense editing.

if your just getting into LR.. i HIGHLY recommend you check out Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips its a GREAT site which shows you the more advnaced stuff you can do with lightroom... i used LR for a year before i discovered its power... its amazing, i almost never need photoshop anymore, because of the tools built into LR.... also the lightroomkiller tips site has a GREAT video podcast where they guide you through some cool stuff.

Wow. I was getting sick of the Canon software on my Mac... it was slow and kind of hard to use. Tonight I bought Lightroom 2 and WOW... now I know what it feels like to have a powerful PP tool.

I can't wait to play some more!

What do you guys use for PP?

Where did you get the Mac version?!

I'm currently using Photoshop Elements while I save up the cash for CS4. I currently have CS2, but I'm not able to use it with my XSI and there is no "addin" available on the abode site for my XSI and CS2

Ah last time I tried to purchase it there it said the server was having errors so I kinda strayed away.

I have but am not smart enough to use Photoshop CS3 Extended and Lightroom 2.1. I also have Photomatix Pro, Portrait Professional, Photo Frame Show and Gimp 2.

Photomatix Pro is great for HDR, although I haven't made an HDR yet that I like.

I'm using Photoshop elements 5.0 - which while not the best is still pretty good.
Hopefully I'll get lightroom soon.

on the other hand - my Nikon D60 arrived yesterday, so I can quit using my wife's camera. I got two lenses with it and am so excited to start using it - but unfortunately the weather is not allowing me to go out much.

Ah last time I tried to purchase it there it said the server was having errors so I kinda strayed away.

ever think of maybe.. checking again.... servers go down all the time.. its a part of being on the web....

lightroom is the best piece of software I use.. i can do everything in it.. i take the photos ( my camera is tethereed to lightroom) so the photos automatically go to lightroom as soon and I hit the shutter button.. from there, i do some editing (colors mostly) then I can create a package for my customers right in lightroom (i print a portfolio of the best shots, and give them the options on what images to choose) then RIGHT from Lightroom, i export the files DIRECTLY to smugmug, where my client can then log into their personal page (password protected) and purchase their pictures....then smug mug prints them, and sends them directly to the client

ever think of maybe.. checking again.... servers go down all the time.. its a part of being on the web....

lightroom is the best piece of software I use.. i can do everything in it.. i take the photos ( my camera is tethereed to lightroom) so the photos automatically go to lightroom as soon and I hit the shutter button.. from there, i do some editing (colors mostly) then I can create a package for my customers right in lightroom (i print a portfolio of the best shots, and give them the options on what images to choose) then RIGHT from Lightroom, i export the files DIRECTLY to smugmug, where my client can then log into their personal page (password protected) and purchase their pictures....then smug mug prints them, and sends them directly to the client

So, you're basically saying, you should be paying Lightroom a salary?

j/k ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back