OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
FECK ME!! :shock:

I'm out on my drive sanding over some rust and a lancaster bomber and two spitfires in very tight formation have just flown a LOW pass over my house!!!! :shock: :shock:

fecking amazing!!!! what a noise!!!! I'm sorry but that sounded better than ANY car EVER!!!! I got chills, i could feel the vibration in the air from the engine noise and i can't imagine what it must have been like when there were squadrons of them flying.....

I'm only pissed off i left my camera in the back room! I have it with me now anyway, just in case they come back..... fingers crossed.....

that was sooo amazing :cheer: :drunk: :cheer: :thumbsup: :sillysmi:

woohoo! i looove old ww2 aircraft! thats rocks! hehehehe, you can in that lancaster and drop a load of bollucks on some coppers ;)

oh man thats awesome! I would love to be able to fly one of those things, esepecially a Spitfire!

captain-spanky said:
I'm only pissed off i left my camera in the back room! I have it with me now anyway, just in case they come back..... fingers crossed.....

Wish you would have had it too! I'm sure you'll get another chance! Good luck :D

Fantastic huh?
I had that happen to me a long time ago, the Battle-of-Britain flight (Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane) flew right over us and the sound of those Merlins was pure music!

that's what it was!! I just assumed it was two spitfires as i couldn't really see the other side of the bomber.... turns out it was a Battle of Britain memorial flight to Coningsby or somewhere...
maaaaaaaaaaaan i have to see that again... :eek:

Well Capt' there's the Southport air show coming this summer. It's not far from your neck of the woods, so why not make a day of it. I'll let you know of any dates when i find out.
A couple of years ago a lancaster and a Wellington flew over my old house and you're right the sound is fantastic.

ps. Wahey!!!!! 800 up :D

I was fortunate enough to have a B-17 with two P-51's and two p-47's flying formation pass right over me while at mom's house last year. They we so low I could almost read the pilot names on the side. I've been to tons of air shows but nothing compared to that...............

I used to live very close to Dobbins AFB.... years back, Air Force One flew right over my apartment....so close you could see the Presdential Seal...it was kind cool. :D

Most reactions

Back