omG- worth fixing?

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was grandpa's camera. My aunt has had it in a box for 15 years, sent it to me recently.

Everything seems to move and function, except I think the shutter is stuck. It did click once when I pressed it, that's all she wrote. I really don't know anything about what to check and look for. The old AE-1 I used to shoot just always worked, never did anything but shoot it. If it's worth it, I'll take it down to my local shop and let them get it working.

Anything special about these lenses? I figured at the very least, since I have no macro lens for my d5100 I will get an OM to F-mount adapter so I can do some manual focus macro.
omg-1.jpg

Have you replaced the battery, located under that cover on the right-hand, front side of the camera body?

I saw a gorgeous black Olympus OM-1 for $150 recently.

I have not. Does he shutter mechanism require battery power?

I also read the adapter ring limits to infinity focus, or you can remove the optic and use as an extension tube. I was hoping the lenses would be fully functional, if only manual.

Sorry, did a little of my own research, will try again with batteries lol

Sorry, did a little of my own research, will try again with batteries lol
Yup, electronically controlled shutter. But there is a hope, looks like capacitors held the charge for so long, electronics seems to be in good conditions.

If it's working it's worth using (if you like film photography).

If it's not working, repairs would cost more than its current monetary value.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back