On Display??

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious..

What do all of you do with your acquired collections of cameras? Are they neatly packed into a case and hidden away... or some bank vault.. gun/rifle cabinet? Are they on display? If so, what do you use as a display case? Is it tucked in a corner or one of the highlights of a particular room?

My cameras were spread throughout the house.. on book shelves here and there...a few on a desk... some on a window sill. The wife said she would rather have them in one area so I set out to find an inexpensive glass display case. I found this:

20306_PE079916_S4.jpg

at ikea and it only costs about $60 bucks. I ended up buying two on two different occasions and the cameras are slowly finding their home in them. I've got a few clear acrylic stand/risers from ebay on the way to take advantage of the large space between the shelves... and present the stuff a little better. Keeps the dust off and makes it easy for me to grab and go...

Looks nice! I love that Asahiflex!

Mine are in a display case mounted to the wall over my piano.
The lesser-quality cameras are in a tall-floor case, which I will take a pic of later.

Here is the wall-mount.
full_shot_image.jpg

Very Nice Collection!!!

I see a few "escaped"... time for another case to be installed..

oooOOOooo Rolleiflexes (or cords?), I've been saving up for one for a while now.

Very nice displays! I'm still working on mine, if I can find some room! ;)

Haha. I'm working on buying a house--it's an elaborate scheme just to have a darkroom and a place to display the gear. In my current apartment they're strewn about.

Very Nice Collection!!!

I see a few "escaped"... time for another case to be installed..

oooOOOooo Rolleiflexes (or cords?), I've been saving up for one for a while now.

No rolleis. :(

There is a Minolta autocord, yashica-A, and a Kodak Reflex pictured. I have recently acquired a Yashica-MAT and an argoflex(the good one) as well.

Ah... hehehe...

Just like there is a Rollei somewhere with my name on it, I'm sure there's one out there just waiting to for you too...

I wasn't planning on going much more than he posted... but I was willing to be flexible. My true aim is for a Rolleiflex but I still wouldn't mind getting my feet wet with a Rolleicord.

Hey, I really like that stand idea. Mine are displayed on a low table in my studio, open. I'd rather they be kept in a less dusty environment, but haven't really taken time to look for anything.

I also take them along when I get a booth at arts festivals and set up a display there. People love them, and I've had some wonderful chats surrounding them. It's amazing what a good vibe a few old Brownies put out! :)

Most reactions

Back