on Houghton Pond

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
My oldest son lives in Quincy, MA, which is just south of Boston. Not far from where he lives is a recreation area that includes Houghton Pond. There is a small slough (wetlands area) that feeds the pond. It is the home of many critters and flowers, including these.

1. In the web. A single duck fearther suspended in a spider's web.
houghton060906_10.jpg

2. Bumblebee rumble. This is the first bumblebee that I've seen in ages. Shot from about 15 feet or so with a 200 + 1.4 converter hand held. Which is why it's not so damn sharp.
houghton060906_11.jpg

3. A little purple maybe?
houghton060906_12.jpg

4. A stunningly crafted shot of a honey bee pollinating this flower. What's that? You can't see the bee? Open your ey... uh, never mind. Ahem. This is a stunningly crafted shot of a missing honey bee not pollinating this flower. I was so busy checking dof & whatnot that I didn't even notice the little bugger had flown the coop. It was a killer shot though. Really!
houghton060906_13.jpg

5. More purple weeds. Um... excuse me wildflowers.
houghton060906_14.jpg

Great pictures. When was it taken? It isn't spring in Boston is it? lol

Oh Jim! :lol: I really like the photo of the bee pollinating the flower ... erm ... of NO bee pollinating the flower, since it had already done its job before you were ready to do yours :lol:

Will it surprise you when I say that I love the colours in all of these, mostly so the background colours .... and mostly so in that lovely first photo here??? Yes, I know, it is a big surprise to all on here to hear that LaFoto loves the colour green, I know! ;) ;) ;) )

pantherlax- thanks, these were taken the first week of September.

Corinna- yeah, that would have been a really great pic. The dof makes no sense without the bee though. ;) I'm glad you liked all the green. I have more I'll post up later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back