On Second Thought...

Discussion in 'Just For Fun!' started by Mullen, May 8, 2008.

1. Mullen

Mullen TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I was riding around on my ATV and spotted some pretty purple flowers next to a tree. My plan was to use macro on the flowers and have the tree as a background, but I changed my mind once I noticed what was surrounding the flowers. :neutral:

2. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's hard to tell what your actual subject is. The flash is a bit harsh and blows out some of the detail of the flowers. Also, it looks like your focal point was not on the flowers (the most interestring part of the scene) but on the large light green foilage that is dead center. I'm not convinced that you have selected the best PoV either.

This has potential for a nice picture but you have to find it.

3. dslrchat

dslrchat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmmm, the flowers may be the most interesting , the the green foilage has a higher street value. lol
    Nice shot though, did you pick the green foilage?

4. Mullen

Mullen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Actually, I believed it to be one of those rash-giving vines. I'm pretty sure it's not that green plant.

..After doing a few Google searches, I'm not very certain what it is... virginia creeper maybe?

5. platano

platano TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Looks like WEED aka MJ aka MARYGUANA aka POT aka Maryjaine aka Reefer aka ........... to me.. :D jk

6. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Don't change your POV unless you like to itch a lot!!!

I agree about the cropping. As it is right now, my eyes are drawn to the huge, lush plant right in the middle, so the focus would change if you took it out of the center. Since I've been posting on here, I've learned that no photo is done until you crop it (basically), so if you were to take out about an inch on the top and a few on the left, it'd get rid of the black places that were too far away for the flash, and also put the flowers in center.

BTW, I like how such delicate flowers can be surrounded by such an abrasive (?) plant. That is kinda cool... Its like the flowers are being guarded by the poison ivy (no one will pick them).