Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

B1.jpg

B5.jpg

B11.jpg

The other shots you have posted are good quality photos. These dont do much for me really and are more snapshotty than real photographs.

I think what Mgw189 was saying by "snapshotty" is that it looks like you just walked up to these, pointed your camera down at them, then took the picture. It doesn't look like there was a great deal of thought involved. You should try shooting from different angles, shoot high and low, play with composition. The general rule is that the subject seldom looks the best from the first angle, so walk around and examine it and try to find the best view of it.

Also, your attempt wasn't a failure. It's simply trial and error and receiving critiques and criticisms is a great way to learn.

I do like (and like quite a bit) how you worked on the texture of the sand, the danger to get it all blown out was given, and to see and frame beach grass, a plant on the beach, or a footprint in the sand in the way you did goes far beyond a mere snapshot. And the way you planned from where you wanted the light to give you shadows etc. is way too much planning for any snapshot!

Thanks folks for the additional comments & ((hugs)) for Corinna.

I did indeed shoot different angles trying to get texture & shadows looking best. The back lighting in the first two was essential to show texture otherwise the sand would just look flat. The footprint was all about texture showing where drops of spray had left footprints along with the human.

Ron, I like #3.
Your "attempt at art" was just fine.
Craig.;)

Way back when I was in High school (i know, 7 years wasn't that long ago), my art teachers always tought the definition of art as:

"the production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance, as seen by the artist."

So, your "attempt" at art is magnificent. You did a great job, and the shots are very creative.

Try these shot from a different point of view. Try lying on your stomach and shoot slightly upward...or level. Would give you much different pictures.

Try these shot from a different point of view. Try lying on your stomach and shoot slightly upward...or level. Would give you much different pictures.

I get your point & will keep it in mind but I am not so limber as I used to be; might have trouble getting down or back up. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back