On the Beach

Dougie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks, been a while since I submitted anything. Went out today to South Queensferry which is about 15 miles from my house. A walk along the shore. Here are a couple of shots from today. I'd welcome any critical feedback :)
IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

Hi,

Good use of textures in the 1st & 3rd shots - one of my own favourite things about beaches.

Just a "heads-up" - the horizons need straightening, some barrel distortion in the last shot too - correctable in CS2 etc though. A bit more contrast might also help the shots "pop" a little more

simon

The one tip i can give you... is watch your horizon line, Its more noticeable when you shoot large open areas like lakes (as I do once in a while) because if your horizon is slanted it stands out a lot more than if there are trees and mountains etc. in the background to break it up...
I like the second one because you have the couple walking on the beach as a focal point.

Well I have to say I was expecting photos of a certain Bridge!

But I like what I see, #2 and #3 are the strongest for me

I like number two. The couple make a great focal point. They are framed in nicely by the horizon on the top and the ocean on the left. The stick in the foreground points they eye to them as well. I just like the feel overall.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back