On the Edge

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a variation of a photo set I took about a month ago. I have no idea why I chose the other photo over this one. I think sometimes we get locked down into what the photo we have in our head is, and forget that the photo in our head might be worse than the alternative that is quickly-dismissed.

This is 2 images to me. The boy is one and the 2 in shadow the other. They appear completely unrelated.

This is a variation of a photo set I took about a month ago. I have no idea why I chose the other photo over this one. I think sometimes we get locked down into what the photo we have in our head is, and forget that the photo in our head might be worse than the alternative that is quickly-dismissed.

Can't comment on the other photo, but this image speaks to me ... it speaks volumes. Thank you for sharing and well done.

Gary

This is 2 images to me. The boy is one and the 2 in shadow the other. They appear completely unrelated.

I don't know what to tell you other than to think about it more conceptually.

I don't know what to tell you other than to think about it more conceptually.
That's OK, As soon as I figure out what goes in the glass tonight it will come to me. :)

I don't see a connection between the boy and the shadows either, but it is interesting to speculate on whether there is one and what it might be, so the image works for me for that reason. It's also just a good balanced composition with nice lighting.

Hey, I thought about this some more. I can create some responses of my own to it so I can get it in that way.
Which brings up a bigger point and that is how does a photo work as art?
I think mostly people create photo's to present their concept to the viewer but better images allow the viewer to create their own concept of it. Hope that makes sense.
In other words a good photo or artwork will get you to think and create along with the artist rather than just agree/disagree with the artist. No?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back