On the moors

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The moorland of the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire, is mainly heather, bilberries, and outcropping rock. Drystone walls of various ages and states of repair remain from the days when the law required field boundaries to be erected.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Bowland-view.jpg

Oh wow, you let a particularly nicely shaped "wall" snake its way through your photo, the way this one crumbled in "curves" is a sight to behold!
Again I like your composition very much as well as the late afternoon light which already casts everything in a mildly golden glow and gives nice, detailing shadows to each blade of grass. The bare trees that "connect" the land with the sky are a well chosen element of composition, too.

With love,
Your greatest fan :D.

Why don't you have seminars at your place? What are the hotel rates?

^^^ Corinna said it all! Beautiful shot. I love the composition with that crumbling wall, and the colours of the grasses/heather.

Saw you shot of Skipool Creek a couple of days back. I'm not sure I'd ever taken much notice of how much potential there is in my adopted home of Lancashire. Shame I'm almost never there really.

>;o))

Lovely! The starkness of the trees coupled with the wall, the golden glow of the brush, and the lazy blue of the sky!

I love that sort of scenery ...!

rolling moor hills, creepy trees, and some old stones, all the components you need :) And quite nicely arranged.

Thanks for the kind comments Corinna, RVsForFun, Antarctican, Chris, Tangerini & Alex. This is a shot from today, taken during a six hour ramble over the hills. I got some shots of beautiful well-kept walls too Corinna - may post those in the future. The main vegetation in this shot is bilberry, with lighter patches of mosses and lichen.

Regards, Tony

reminds me of my beloved Dartmoor so much ...

I really like the scenery, the composition and the portrait format... Brilliant!:thumbup:

/\ what the rabble said :hail:

Just beautiful. the Forest of Bowland is just an hour away - I've never been there, but I'm going now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back