And casting its shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that were all alone
In the dream of the proud
On the Turning Away - Pink Floyd

-

The title grabbed me, the image captivated me.

Nice use of lines, textures and colors. Well done.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

The reflection of the clouds looks strangely man-made to me, like a building or something. The sunlight coming through the gaps in the cloud look like doors or windows.

Cool stuff. :D

Wow. That's lovely.

Thank you.

The title grabbed me, the image captivated me.

Nice use of lines, textures and colors. Well done.

Thanks- some song lyrics just stick in my head, and somewhere along the line they seem to find their place. Usually Pink Floyd though. Very strange. Very, very strange.

Wow! Great Photo. Where was this taken?

Thank you. This is Mono Lake in California a little before dawn.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

The reflection of the clouds looks strangely man-made to me, like a building or something. The sunlight coming through the gaps in the cloud look like doors or windows.

Cool stuff. :D

Thank you- I think it's the reflection of the rising sun on the clouds above and behind the clouds. I shot this at a workshop headed up by a photographer named Jack Dykinga. Our group had arrived before dawn, and since I've been there a few times I decided to cut away from the herd and try something different. About 5 minutes before the sun came up Jack comes running around the corner all excited telling me and another guy we were in the wrong place. I figured I was paying enough for him to teach me, so I rolled with it and went back to the hip-to-hip formation with the others. I was quite amazed, that even though we were all pretty much in the same position, the variety of photos that came out of our session during critique.

Most reactions

Back