On this day...

Paul M

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On this day, Please take a moment and remember everyone that was lost back in 2001 in New York, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania. Here we are 7 years later and it is still difficult for some of us but we try to cope and get by. Please, take a moment out of your busy day to remember the innocent, the heroes, and the families that have been directly affected. Also, remember those that have made the ultimate sacrifices defending the freedom we take for granted every day. Never Forget.

flagup_sm.jpg

:cry: ...I remember. I remember like it was yesterday. It's all still very clear in my mind.

You know, even here....in Ontario....I remember people walking around in a daze for weeks, living in slow motion, in a state of shock and confusion. It was surreal.

That day, Sept. 11 2001, it began as a day quite like today....a beautiful sunny fall day. I took my infant baby girl to my sister's place for a visit. While my sister dropped her kids off at school, I turned on the tube. ...I watched it all unfold. My sister and I were together all day...watching......calling my mom at work periodically (she didn't have access to radio or tv), to update her. We were so frightened.

Everyone affected by the events of September 11, 2001 are in my thoughts today especially. I'm so sorry for the pain, the hurt, and the loss.

Peace.

I was at work on our last month with the company after they announced layoffs. Watching the news on TV and then heading to a higher vantage point to see it in person made me realize just how small of a problem a layoff really can be.

I now work at a computer disaster recovery site. Some of my coworkers don't remember the buildings themselves (they were too busy), but they remember the faces of those that reported in from the city to recovery their company's servers. Some of those who reported lost friends/coworkers that day... it must have been next to impossible to concentrate and focus.

When we think "disaster" we prepare for power outages, crashed servers, etc... this was a whole different thing.

Yeah, everybody remembers where they were that day.
Absobloodylutely. One of those days you never forget.

I was in a business meeting with two Israelis, when my sec came in and said that a plane had hit the WTC - we all thought a Cessna, or something like that - then she brought in a print from the web. Then another from the second tower.

I asked my guests if they needed to phone home (both were, as most Israelis, in the military - F16 pilots as it happens). They said
"what makes you think this is anything to do with the middle east?"

Half an hour later, after they'd received a couple of calls, they were on their way home.

pax.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back