On

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by JDP, Sep 21, 2007.

1. JDP

JDP TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here's a second one I'd like to hear your thoughts on - I really like it, but the below size doesn't really let it shine, so check out the links after for 2 larger sizes. I blew this up to 11x14 and think it looks really sharp.

[​IMG]

1024x685

3872x2592

2. ScottS

ScottS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The pictures good, but you Canon fact #119 is awsome! haha :D

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks good, also in its bigger size (more so), though I am not so sure what all that dead space on the right is actually needed for. In the biggest version you get ONLY black and nothing else for quite a while until that switch comes into view, which all and by itself is now very much in the centre of your photo. You planned for this to happen? If so, why?

4. Patrolman Pat

Patrolman Pat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I can't make my mind up about this one. I haven't quite figured out what it is, and the dead space on the right is weird, BUT, I keep coming back for another look. The lighting is captured beautifully, interesting composition, I like it but i don't know why.

5. JDP

JDP TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I thought it was an interesting justification - the (you assume) light switch is clearly in the on position, so there should be a lot of light - yet the only light seems to come from far away, controlled by a different switch perhaps.
    And Pat, thank you - I was sort of going for the whole 'I like this, but I dont know why' vibe - since that's what I feel about it.
    I have several other compositions, but this one is the most dramatic - the others seem bland, as they contain less contrast and/or the switch is closer to the middle or offset to the other side.