Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
270021957_2GCuy-L.jpg

hmm. what is that? i guess it was "once a hive of activity"... but what does that mean?

I don't know what that building is, but it's a great photo. I would just have given it a little more contrast.

It must be even more impressive up close, go there and take lots of pictures!

i would like to see some closer shots, that building looks like it has spectacular detail to it

I like the intricacies. The bare trees set it off.

hmm. what is that? i guess it was "once a hive of activity"... but what does that mean?

robot bee's.

from the days before synthetic honey existed..

it is an english idiom relating to the level of activity....whatever was here was a big operation as there are two of these side by side and the grounds are large. I was assuming it was a busy place at some point.

I don't know what that building is, but it's a great photo. I would just have given it a little more contrast.

It must be even more impressive up close, go there and take lots of pictures!

hmmm the contrast looks okay on my monitor....glad you like the photo, I'll have a look at more contrast and see what results.

see above.

i would like to see some closer shots, that building looks like it has spectacular detail to it

I was keen to get closer but the warnings were obvious and there are many houses close by....I may try another time.

I like the intricacies. The bare trees set it off.

thanks a lot, I agree!

robot bee's.

from the days before synthetic honey existed..

heh heh good one.

edited as suggested, a bump in the blacks!

I find this very slightly disturbing, partly because of the sky and partly because it echoes a kind of documentary photograph that makes me think of 5 year plans and tractor production quotas - the visual equivalent of Radio Moscow in the 1970s, but in this case it's Soviet realism for the post-industrial age, if you see what I mean...

I find this very slightly disturbing, partly because of the sky and partly because it echoes a kind of documentary photograph that makes me think of 5 year plans and tractor production quotas - the visual equivalent of Radio Moscow in the 1970s, but in this case it's Soviet realism for the post-industrial age, if you see what I mean...

yes I do indeed....a sense of depression, weight or burden.

Great shot, probably even better as a print than a web-based JPG.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back