One B&W for C&C

marp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried my first B&W picture, what do you think about it? Critique is welcomed, tell me, what you do not like about it. Thanks

This could be a cool shot, I like the concept, but it needs an anchor of some sort - a horizon line, the entire tree -- as it is, its just tree limbs suspended in space.

This could be a cool shot, I like the concept, but it needs an anchor of some sort - a horizon line, the entire tree -- as it is, its just tree limbs suspended in space.

Thanks for your insight, I'll try to do better next time;).

I agree with Dag.
I don't think it *needs* a horizon line.
But cropping off the bottom branches from the trunk do leave them floating.
I do like this silhouette very much though.

Silhouette is very cool. I think it could use different framing, but I don't think it really needs a horizon or the bottom trunk. I think it'd be fine if you cropped out that large bottom branch, cloned-out any stragglers, cropped tightly on the remaining branches, and then had more space above it, with a long, vertical crop for the final image. Quite tall, but not wide. That would convey a sense of height, I think.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Silhouette is very cool. I think it could use different framing, but I don't think it really needs a horizon or the bottom trunk. I think it'd be fine if you cropped out that large bottom branch, cloned-out any stragglers, cropped tightly on the remaining branches, and then had more space above it, with a long, vertical crop for the final image. Quite tall, but not wide. That would convey a sense of height, I think.

I tried what you suggested, what do you think of this version? For me, it definitely looks better ;)

It's better but a little too much empty space above the tree.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I tried what you suggested, what do you think of this version? For me, it definitely looks better ;)

Yeah much better. I like this photo. Did you sharpen the silhoulette?

Now how'd I miss this again...Bah.

I'm glad my advice worked. A little trim as suggested above, and this shot is golden. :D

Most reactions

Back