One B&W for CC....

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it is hard for me to separate my emotional attachment to this photo, so I thought I would see what people here think of it. I don't do B&W photography much but I thought this one fit the mood and feel.

Shot with my D90, Sigma 18-250mm, f/5.6, shutter 1/250, ISO was set at 400 all shoot.

4544182271_f383374df2_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

p!nK

there is good emotion but the black and white conversion could use some work, its too much gray, not enough b&w

Agreed. Did you just desaturate or use colour channels? I think someone on here should make a sticky thread on how to B&W colour photos using sliders... not me though. I don't have enough practice with it yet.

Great photo/capture and something to hang onto for sure... print it out, make copies, etc.

I'm also curious as to how you converted to black and white. I really like Silver Effex, especially how you can easily filter colors (red filter works well for people sometimes, green brightens up foliage..). I'm not sure if this could be better by changing anything but I like to experiment when processing to black and white.

here it is w/o any PP.

4551065708_fabd0866da_b.jpg

I thought the coloring on my wifes shirt was distracting, that is why I went B&W with it. Yes, a quick tutorial on B&W conversion would be nice.

fell free to edit this one however you see fit.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back