One day..

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
One day.. One day I'll be just a tall as you guys!

OneDay.jpg

Please tell me what your thougts are about this photo.

I wanted to show the rather big difference in size between these tree's

I personaly like the composition, I like the way the little tree fits just under de big follow up, and that the whole line/row (why can't I ever find the right word when I need it..:confused:) of tree's fits in the picture

though I'm not completely sure about the lighting.. should I have waited til the sun was in the picture? of should I have took it in broad daylight..?

Don't remember the exact settings, but I think I had it set to like an f5.6 cause I only needed detail in the first two tree's, and only shape in the rest of the trees. I hadn't brougt a tripod, and the shuttertime was quite long so that explains the slight unsharpness on the leaves and such..

anyway. please let me hear your opinions!

Cheers,

Niels

I like the shot overall...the lighting is interesting as well as the clouds. The vanishing point is nice, but i think the frame is causing this some problems. Without the frame you would be able to see the full road until the VP, but it's hard to tell because of the frosted looking frame. Aside from the frame everything else really works for me. Composition is nice, and the contrast between trees is good.

nice photo! i think the lighting is just right. If you waited for bright sunlight, it would have washed out much of your colors. you also did pretty well for hand held :).

i like how the line of trees balances out the empty space at the left side of the photo. you may have a little bit too much unneeded space at the top of the photo, but that is mostly a matter of personal preference. the only thing that i dont like alot about the photo is that the subject is rather unclear. if you wouldnt have said that description or caption, i might not have thought of that. I cant tell if the subject is supposed to be the road or something on the left.

Thanks for your comments!

I might try out a new frame I came up with on this one. One that does not require to cut off a lot of pixels around the edges.

I understand your comment on the subject not being clear by just looking at the picture, thebeginning. but that is why I included the title "One day.. One day I'll be just.. etc." cause that'll make you wonder who will be as tall as who? and when you look at the pic you first see a row of tree's, and then you'll see that little tree next to them. and by then I should be about clear what the intention was, right? :)

Its really funny how a camera makes you look at your surounding in such a different way.. I cycle by these trees every day on my way to school (so that makes two times a day) And I had never noticed that little tree surounded by all his (her, I don't know) big brothers (sister.. just the way you look at it) It was only until a few weeks ago when I picked up photography.. Its really great! I makes you much more aware.

Anyway. enough bla bla from me.. I'll go try out the new frame now. though I think I won't cut off that unneeded space. I think it ads something to the hight of the tree's and ephasizes the difference between both just a little bit more.. but that may be just me..

I like the frame change. Now it's perfect. The sky is very good. I agree that it needs the height to emphasize your point. I also like the clouds. Excellant photo. Thanks for sharing.

Aileen

The only problem I have with the photo is the crispness and contrast. It just isn't very crisp, and comes off blurry.
Nice idea and composition though.

I'm assuming you were using your Olympus IS 100, which is a digital isn't it?

The lack of crispness is due to the rather long shuttertime and me holding te cam in my hand :) but if more agree that ist to blurry I might do a reshoot.. but I personaly kinda like it this way.

The Olympus isn't digital.. it just an analog slr :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back