www.km3k.com
The Flower:
dandelion.jpg

...And the lightning:
lightning01.jpg

lightning02.jpg

lightning03.jpg

lightning04.jpg

This was my first attemp at getting a picture of lightning, so I'm pretty happy with the results :)

-Dan

Those are all very good lightning shots. What method did you use to get them?

FLower...that's a weed...and it reminds me that I have to do something about the army of them on my lawn. :roll:

eh, it's a dandelion....which i see as a flower ......just a dead one.... :)

And for the lightning shots, I just put my camera to about .3 second shutter speed, set it on the window on my 2nd story, then put on hyper shooting (which lets me just hold down the shutter and it continuously takes picture after picture)... I did this out of 3 different windows, taking about 1000 pictures total, and just hoped to get lucky :)

You're lucky to have that ability.

Too bad you couldn't do it the old fashion way to see how difficult it actually is to do.

I love a lawn coverered in dandelions..I love dandelions when the babies pick them and bring them too me all proud of themselves...dandelions are lovely no matter which stage they are in, I like the little parachutes and love the yellow flowers! I know, I know, I am a sick, sick person.... :lol:

Too bad you couldn't do it the old fashion way to see how difficult it actually is to do.
I would think it's easier the old fasioned way. Hard part is being in the right place at the right time. Compose your shot, adjust your f-stop somewhere between f/8 and f/16 depending on ambient light, hold shutter open with cable release and wait for the lightning. Have your water proof sleeping bag duffle handy for when you have to cover your camera for the mad dash back to the truck when the rain starts though. Now that I have a camera again I can do this with, I just must might be one of those goofy storm chasers again this summer. Let's go monsoon season!

malachite said:
I would think it's easier the old fasioned way. Hard part is being in the right place at the right time. Compose your shot, adjust your f-stop somewhere between f/8 and f/16 depending on ambient light, hold shutter open with cable release and wait for the lightning. Have your water proof sleeping bag duffle handy for when you have to cover your camera for the mad dash back to the truck when the rain starts though. Now that I have a camera again I can do this with, I just must might be one of those goofy storm chasers again this summer. Let's go monsoon season!

I shot some lighting that way. I didn't get anything I was really happy with and the storm was a little to far away. I hope to have a chance to try again sometime.

I am sooooo envious of those lightning shots!
Nice work!

a friend of mine had great results with a 12 second shutter speed. But it was a pretty dark night when there was no lightning. But the bonus is he took 160 shots and got 12 good ones. Not a bad hit rate.

lightning shots are some of my favorite photo's. I have never taken them myself though as lightning around mid-michigan just isn't that spectacular. Lightning in the UP is a much different story.

thanks everyone for the compliments :D

we've been getting rain almost everyday for a week or so...maybe next thunderstorm i'll try for some more

Nice pictures Nytmair. I like the sky gradient of the third lightning picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back