One flower, C&C welcome.

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah this is from last year, I was just paging through some older photos.

50mm 1.4 wide open SOOC. Yea or nay?

594779221_i8teH-L.jpg

yea! I like the "halo's" around the flower. its a nice capture--beautiful colors, and it seems to glow.

""Yea""..but a 7:5 crop to exclude the other flower in-shot on the left.

Excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by 7:5?

I understand that you say chop off some of the left side of the photo just not sure what your term means. Constrain proportions?

Imo when you have the opportunity the entire flower should be shown. Your focus and lighting seems good to me.

Sorry for being unclear.. I meant a format ratio: 7 units of width to 5 of height (this is 3:2 image i assume). But looking at it a second time, i withdraw my suggestion. I like it how it looks here.

Most dSLR cameras use a standard aspect ratio of 2:3.

When printing a 4"x6" (6"x4") or a 8"x12" (12"x8") print... the aspect ratio is 2:3 or 3:2... For every 2 units of width/hight the other dimension will have 3 units, depending if you frame the photo as Landscape or Portait.

Maybe this will help.... Aspect Ratio... or this... Taken from WikiPedia...

Common aspect ratios in still photography include 4:3 (1.33) used by most digital point-and-shoot cameras, Four Thirds system cameras and medium format 645 cameras; 3:2 (1.5) used by 35mm film, APS-C ("classic" mode) and most DSLRs; 1.81:1 (close to 16:9) used by APS-H high definition mode and some Panasonic multi‐aspect Four Thirds and compact cameras; 3:1 used by APS‐P panoramic mode; and 1:1 (square) in a variety of cameras.
Common print sizes in the U.S. (in inches) include 4×6 (1.5), 5×7 (1.4), 4×5 and 8×10 (1.25), and 11×14 (1.27); large format cameras typically use one of these aspect ratios. Medium-format cameras typically have format designated by nominal sizes in centimeters (6×6, 6×7, 6×9, 6×4.5), but these numbers should not be interpreted as exact in computing aspect ratios.
For analog projection of photographic slides, projector and screen use a 1:1 aspect ratio, supporting horizontal and vertical orientation equally well. In contrast, digital projection technology typically supports vertically oriented images only at a fraction of the resolution of landscape oriented images. For example, projecting a digital still image having a 3:2 aspect ratio on a 16:9 projector, employs 84.3% of available resolution in horizontal orientation, but only 37.5% in vertical orientation.

Last edited:
I'll say nay.

Well I see my notifications are not working too much again:lol:

Any particular thing you don't like about it?

I don't mind critique, but to say "nah" with no explanation isn't helpful to me.

I only said nay because your original post just asked for ya or nay.

My nay was based on the composition (the exposure looks good). The flower is hugging the right side of the frame a bit too much, especially with it's angle, for me. Maybe if the flower had been on the right side of the frame with the dark green background and OOF similar flowers on the opposite side.

I like your focus, I like the exposure, just iffy on the framing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back