One for CC

AmberBella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could really use some feedback here. I tried something a bit new for me. What do you think? How could I have made it better? Which do you prefer, vignette or no vignette?

Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125) Aperture: f/5.6 Focal Length: 17 mm ISO Speed: 800

3162784680_9fdf89e01d.jpg

3163282083_86a61d8397.jpg

I'm not a big fan of vignettes, but in this case it works since it follows the curve of the sidewalk upper right. Ideally, this would have been composed in such a way as to eliminate that dark area upper right. Aside from that, I'd suggest perhaps just a little burning on the face. Nice work.

I think the vignette works, but it would work even better in conjunction with some blur around the edges, and that would soften the dark upper right corner which is now a distraction. And then the mids need to come down on the kid's face. If that doesn't do it, you might try building some new sidewalk from the existing -- so as not to have such a sharp angled change in the path in the upper right (and then blur and darken it). It's that upper right corner that's drawing the eye. Otherwise, cute kid and nice shot!

I don't think it works here. The sidewalk should not follow the vignette. A vignette should draw attention not cross with something to create distraction. Other than that, the photograph is fantastic. Great use of flash and perspective.

I don't like the f/5.6. The smallest aperture on this perspective should be f/2.8 in my own opinion. Possibly even f/2.2.

The second photograph is not showing up. Sorry.

-Nick

Most reactions

Back