One from a recent wedding !!

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
They were so at peace, it was very nice to see a couple genuinley in love

Ive got bunch more to process.....

IMG_3311B.jpg

I like the photo but he looks uncomfortable as far as the pose thought and I would like to have seen his eyes open. I would like to see more.

I'll admit it looks a little different from the "norm", I will post the open eyed ones shortly.....

I think maybe its because of his stature. He looks taller than her and seems a bit uncomfortable to have to lean down.

On a second look I do agree that it conveys comfort and peace and don't get me wrong I do like the photo but my taste would be more of a sitting pose.

I think I get what your saying...

Thanks for explaining it, I am always learning from others viewpoints and perspectives !!!!

I better get to work on the rest of the shots cause theres tons of sitting, standing etc..... lol

I wish I had a robot that could process them all for me to save time!!!

I here ya on the robot thing LOL! Looking forward to seeing more.

Nice photo, Could you tell me what type of lense you are using for this photo. I have a canon rebel and I am wanting to take some nice portraits but I am not sure how to get this perfect balance like your photo. Thanks
Thomas

what kind of a rebel is it? digital or film?

Also, the lens definately will help your limitations such as speed/distance/focus time; but mostly you have to use the right aperature at the right time and know whats going on with regards to light bouncing off objects and also how much fill flash to use and at what angle......

You can have the worlds heaviest L glass and still mess up the picture easily.....very easily...

whatever you can do to take away harsh shadows is your best friend!!!!!
reflectors, bounce flash , positioning, time of day etc......

to awnser your question I scored a
<Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical IF>
when a guy who had owned it for a week had to upgrade to a 400mm for i think it was birding or something... I couldnt pass up the deal as I desperately needed something better than the kit lens and the 50mm while an awsome lens for sittings and head shots etc... leaves you walking around
(forward and backward lol) so much you will miss a lot of shots........

I know they sell a 28-200 and a 28-300, but I neded something to maintain 2.8 all the way through and also I noticed the 200 to be a little soft wide open and at anything over 130mm ...

One thing I will say , If you plan on getting a full frame camera anytime really soon, go with L glass.

I am using a digital Rebel XT with a 17-85 f/4-5.6

Is this lens suitable for trying to take portraits or do I need to get a lens with a lower setting like your 2.8.
I am trying to take some portraits and want to smoothe out the skin a little so that you don't see every freckle, mole etc.

Thanks for any help.

Thomas

benefits of the higher (wider) aperature are mostly allowing you to focus and shoot handheld in lower light without having to overpower the picture with the flash.

If you can get away with decent light when you shoot and use a tripod when doing sittings/when its darker/in the shade; you can get away with that lens for a while. I would suggest you use it for a while until you surpass its limits. You will learn a lot and be able to make a better purchase decision afterwards..

In reference to the softness thats a whole nother story.
being able to see all the moles, freckles etc.. is a good thing. Some people use soft focus filters , but I dont like the idea of not being able to go back to sharp if I want to. I do all of my skin/tone work in PS.

Ill give you some hints, midtone contrast/laters with slight blur masking/ layers with surface blur masking...

Dont be putting tons of time into shots unless there gonna be 8x10 or 16x20

just my 2 cents....

Most reactions

Back