One from the newborn session I had today....

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay...I know some of you are totally going to hate the hat! lol I LOVE it though!!

4623342868_50b7411ee7.jpg

reminds me of one of those "mind reading" caps you see in the movies. I think Doc wore one in Back to the Future.

Nice shot.

p!nK

You are totally right...that is one awful hat. It dominates the picture,and the woven basket material the baby is placed on looks hard and uncomfortable. The photo exudes a negative vibe.

Actually it's really soft....hence the baby peacefully sleeping on it. I think the hat is so ridiculous that it's cute.....you know, like the worlds ugliest dog! lol

I'm trying new things with my baby boys since I can't put flowers all over their heads. I thought this would have a "newborn woodland fairy" feel to it...... It took a awhile for the image to grow on my husband too. He likes it now though. Not that you may ever Derrel, but that's okay ;)

Do you see any similarity to the acorns and anything else?

I just looked thru your flicker album. I really like the work you have done! As for this shot, I think it's precious. I am not a huge fan of the hat, but, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Haha, that hat cracks me up. But it would look so cute on my son! My husband teases me for a lot of the stuff I dress my baby in, buuuut, he's a baby! I can only do this for a short period of time so I'm taking advantage of it. Babies can never look bad, so go for it! I think the hat does clash with the basket a bit, though. Maybe on a cream blanket? There just seems to be a lot of brown. The baby's skin looks great!

Well, my way of thinking (not to say it was correct! lol) was that in the woods there is a lot of brown....and texture. So pairing the hat with the other brown items as I did to kind of resemble that. Also, because the hat it so overpowering I thought if I kept the other colors all in the same hue/tones that he wouldn't get so lost in the image.

I just hope mom and dad like it!! lol

I thought this would have a "newborn woodland fairy"

You just called someone's kid a newborn woodland fairy... :lmao:

Anyway... I'm still wondering why you post in the beginners forum... but I'm not going to complain, I love your work.
Its a great shot (love or hat the hat)... and I personally really like the hat.

... I'm still wondering why you post in the beginners forum... but I'm not going to complain, I love your work.
Its a great shot (love or hat the hat)...

+1

Although, this section does get the most attention on this forum, so if it's to get more feedback, quicker, I can totally understand that.

If it's because you think you belong here, you don't.

Either way, don't stop posting! :thumbup:

I agree, your work is fantastic. I like the colors and the baby is so cute I don't care about that hat, LOL.

Thanks! I still have SO, SO much to learn though!! I just got "into" photography about a year and a half ago, so I'm still a "newbie" :sillysmi:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back