One glass, One bottle, One bear

the_beginner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My screen name says it all. "All comments welcome", he said as he winced.

My thoughts are:
Everythings a little too far right.
It's a little dark.

What's an effective way of reducing your own (or your camera's) reflection in a bottle that's being lit?

And do I need to remove the label or somehow obscure the name or anything? I'm not trying to sell the product but the back of the bottle didn't look so good.

WineBearsSmall.jpg

i'd say you're right when you say everything is too far right, i would have like to see the whole bear, and i also would have liked to see the whole bottle too, it's cut off at the top. i also don't like the white spot on the bottle (right of center)
but other than that i like the picture and the title of it :D

As for the reflection, you can play with moving the lights further away, or making/buying a tent. Or what I try and do (but doesn’t work well since I only have two hands and nothing else to hold them up :() is hold white boards/paper up to block that reflection. In school I clamped the boards onto chairs. And when it fails I try and use photoshop *hugs ps*

It is a bit dark. You might want to try something with the bottle merging with the background. The bear (to me) had a shadow thing going on.

I like the label. But take it off if you want. I think the label being there depends what you're portraying. Something about the brand? is it an ad? etc etc. Do some with and without if you can. One thing to point out about the label is it would be nice to see the rest of the reflection of the class cup in the bottle. Play with that if you take the label off.

Defiantly the angle makes it look funny. Is the bottle supposed to be cut off? Tings getting cut off might looks funny to some people. It's ok for me. When it comes to legs and arms, it makes them look longer and continuous.

Sorry for picking at it so much :( It's all my opinion. I’m in no way a pro. I'm going off what I've done and have been taught and seen.

In far too close with that composition.
Glass is best lit from behind and then use a light tent to bounce light back for the label and bear.

Here's take 3 which I like better.

OneGlassOneBottleOneBear3.jpg

And number 4 which came out a little brighter on the background than I was hoping for.

OneGlassOneBottleOneBear4.jpg

Thanks for the constructive feedback and the welcome! :D

I really think you're on your way with the last one. You've got the bottle lit up now and it's got a lovely color. I don't care for the reflection on the front of the glass, maybe leight from the other direction? Also the rest of the lighting is a bit harsh and could use difusing. But you've really begun to bring out the color and depth in the last one. :)

Wow, great improvement in that last shot. Your lighting there really catches the subjects well. I like the composition in the 1st of your second post (that shows more space at the top of the bottle) and the lighting in the second. Great re-work!

Liking the last one heaps. That lighting is doing a lot more for your subjects.

Well done.

Most reactions

Back