One Happy Boy

nedsud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sudduth.org
100_3330.jpg

This picture is hurt tremendously by the bottom being truncated. If there is more on the bottom, add it back and then crop the sides to eliminate the non-contributory wall which, being the brightest part of the picture, draws the eye.

IMO, this will improve this picture a great deal.

I'm not sure but, I think there is a lack of dof. Because the tree, the chair and the boy are all aligned, they appear to be all one. It is hard to differentiate his shoulders from the chair back and it looks like the tree is shooting out of the back of the chair.

Agreed that the bottom of this picture was more important than the sides, I think positioning is probably the biggest issue. In the future, I would try to perhaps offset your background from your subject.

becmaclean said:
I'm not sure but, I think there is a lack of dof. Because the tree, the chair and the boy are all aligned, they appear to be all one. It is hard to differentiate his shoulders from the chair back and it looks like the tree is shooting out of the back of the chair.

Agreed that the bottom of this picture was more important than the sides, I think positioning is probably the biggest issue. In the future, I would try to perhaps offset your background from your subject.

Same thoughts here. At first, I thought the boy had 4 arms. No kidding. Now, a little PS work could save it. I agree it's sad that the boys feet are missing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back