One hour before sunset

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
original.jpg

1/85s f/8.2 at 6.0mm iso100 full exif

Converted to B&W by selecting the green channel *seemed to be best of the 3* and slight levels.

The shadows of the fence really lead you into the photo. I'm not sure about the cut off pole on the left side. Since it is on the same path as the trees, it is 'symetric'. How would it look cropped out? Where was this taken?

I was starting to wonder if this would ever get a reply, hehe.

This was taken along the Rideau Canal near Ottawa.

I should have gotten the pole in it fully, didnt notice I cut the top part off. Thanks for pointing it out. If it was cloned out it would leave an empty spot there I think. And if I crop it out, it would make the picture to narrow I think. I may try to reshoot it sometime.

I really like this shot, but I think that a little bit of a contrast boost would help out. As for the light post, try cropping it out, and see how you like it. You may find that it doesn't look to bad....or you may decide to reshoot.

Hope I helped you out a little bit, this is a great shot!! :thumbsup:

Here comes a post from the black sheep. I am not bothered by the light pole at all. Even though some of the top is missing, I think the whole pole being gone would mess up all of the lines. The light pole is directly on the line from the shadow of the first post in the picture so it ties all of the other lines together. I wouldn't change a thing except for maybe a little more contrast. Good work!

Thanks Hobbes. Im going to reshoot and get a bit more of the lamp post, Ive gotten the cold so it didnt happen today and cant happen till Friday now, clases the next couple of days. :0)

hmm very difficult image to critique :p to be honest... I don't know if I like it or not :)

Most reactions

Back