One Last Swim Before Fall Migration

But there is GOLDEN water for her (?) to swim in! Wow. (And do they actually migrate? Will they go south?)

gorgeous shot

But there is GOLDEN water for her (?) to swim in! Wow. (And do they actually migrate? Will they go south?)
They do go south. They fly for three consecutive days until they reach the closest place in which the water doesn't freeze in the winter (southern Minnesota, I've been told).

Thanks everyone for your comments!

They do go south. They fly for three consecutive days until they reach the closest place in which the water doesn't freeze in the winter (southern Minnesota, I've been told).

Thanks everyone for your comments!

you sure? around here they stick it out all winter.

a lower angle would of set this image off a lot, great shot though!!

Thanks for your comments, Matt.

you sure? around here they stick it out all winter.
Not sure really, it's what I was told. To be completely honest, before yesterday I didn't think ducks could fly more than a couple hundred metres at a time. This webpage has some info.

a lower angle would of set this image off a lot, great shot though!!
I agree with this in general. For this particular image, however, I didn't want the shore or the trees to show (other than in reflection). This was a tiny pond, so this was the lowest angle I could use to only show water.

I know that here in Vancouver, the Canada Geese fly south, but I'm pretty sure the ducks don't... Whereabouts are you located?

(Beautiful shot, by the way. I just want to stare and stare and stare at it!)

I'm in Winnipeg. Winter is kind of balmy here, but not as balmy as in Vancouver ;)

Thanks for your kind comments!

Most reactions

Back