One more for C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by almaass, Jan 30, 2009.

1. almaass

almaass TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I appreciate any thoughts. I got my camera a couple of weeks ago and these are some of my very first shots. I have learned so much just from reading posts. Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. puyjapin

puyjapin TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yes its nice. i would probably try and crop out some of the right hand side, maybe 2 inches as that shard of light is a bit distracting imho.

3. Chris Stegner

Chris Stegner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice composition. It seems a bit flat to me. Maybe bump the brightness?

4. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's kinda hard to give C&C for this kind of picture if the shooter is really new to photography and doesn't know much about it yet...the earliest pictures are mostly just snap shots or test shots. It's good to get feedback on how you're doing, but you should ask for C&C on shots that you didn't just point and shoot to get.

You want C&C on shots you took the time to think about and plan out before you hit the shutter button. I think you'd gain a lot more from C&C of those pictures instead of your earliest ones. You'll find out if what you're trying to accomplish is working or not.

This picture has a few elements that make is a little interesting...you have a nice diagonal, somewhat shallow DOF and a repetitive element, but there is also some dead space on the right, some blown highlights coming between the posts, some camera shake and softness to the image.

What you might want to try is going back to this location (if possible) and try to shoot this same scene but using some of the things you've learned since you got your camera. You'll probably end up with a much different picture than this one and one with better composition and is more interesting to look at. Post that image in this thread and you'll probably get more C&C for it.

5. almaass

almaass TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you