Photos OK to edit
juliannasmall.jpg

Juliana

Info:
Canon 40D with kit lens
F/4.5
Shutter - 1/125
ISO 100

Tried to get an old school feel out of this one. Feel free to tear this one apart. I dig it, but let me know what I could have done better.

Her face/head is OOF, I think you got the front frill of her shirt more in focus than her face.

Her laugh is a bit over emphasized, catch the laugh a bit sooner, so you can see her eyes, and it'd be perfect IMO. I love when a real laugh shows through the eyes as well as the rest of the face.

But other than that, I really like this picture. Retro yet modern. Well done.

I like it, I disagree with above comments, face looks to be sharp, maybe the light around her head is what he is seeing. Also, I dont see it as a fake laugh, just looks like a pose, someone that is expressing happiness and relaxing. I like it.

I agree with Tulsa.:)

Her laugh is a bit over emphasized, catch the laugh a bit sooner, so you can see her eyes, and it'd be perfect IMO. I love when a real laugh shows through the eyes as well as the rest of the face.

It is a very nice pic. I like it. The retro appearance is good, the photography is good, the crop might be a bit off with that body part on the right edge of the photo. I will agree that it does have the feel of a staged laugh. Even if I were standing there with her and she were really laughing at something funny, she seems a bit overboard at this particular second in time. I also would have loved to see more of her face and eyes to confirm the emotion is genuine.

Her face/head is OOF, I think you got the front frill of her shirt more in focus than her face.

Agreed. And the sharp focus (in the wrong place) ruins the vintage look for me. A bit of blur maybe?

I like how this photo contrasts with your typical fashion shot in that there is actually positive emotion. I wonder how it would look with a faint texture to add to the vintage look?

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I do agree that her face is a tad out of focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back