One more of G/F

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by ClarkKent, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    :heart::heart::heart: Well, I have been trying different things these days, and this is another capture from the other day when we were at the park. I thought this turned out somewhat decent. You? C/C welcome and thanks for looking! :heart::heart::heart:

[​IMG]

2. DeepSpring

DeepSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the picture itself and the desaturation but I'm really not a big fan of the golden sepia ish boarder you have over the image.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Technically, it good...and the model is certainly beautiful but it's not hitting me as a great 'portrait'.

Firstly, she is looking out of the frame. We (the viewers) have no connection to her. If she was looking at the camera (and the viewers) we might have that connection.

To be fair, not every portrait has to have the subject looking at the camera. This has more of a candid feel, which is bad...but I think it would be better with her looking at us.

Secondly, he eyes are obstructed. Her hair and her glasses are getting in the way of her eyes...which makes it even harder for the viewer to get a connection to the subject.

4. Chris SWF

Chris SWF TPF Noob!

Way, way too much PS work. Of course its down to individual taste but your eyes are not drawn to the model or her eyes or her expression but rather the borders that surround. Sorry, a big thumbs down. Keep it simple and if you want to improve your portraits then practise getting them looking good straight from the camera.
    Cheers
    Chris

5. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for all your help, def appreciative. We were just out wanting to take some pictures, and this is one that she liked. We weren't doing any serious shooting really, but just candid type things to put in a scrapbook. Thanks again for all the help.

6. ryyback

ryyback TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the picture it's self-very nice. But yes, the gold border from PS is a little too much-:) Take that out and a big thumbs up.:wink:

7. SpaceNut

SpaceNut TPF Noob!

Nice photo of Kyrah, but I agree with the others, loose the border. Sorry! But, however, it never hurts to experiment and try different things, that's how success is born.

8. enjoysunshinelife

enjoysunshinelife TPF Noob!

It's a great picture! I think golden border removed will make the photo look better!