One more question....

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What about shading in direct sunlight. I posted a picture of what I am talking about in my gallery. I am sure you'll notice, but his face is shaded and I have no clue how to fix that other than an external flash. Any suggestions?

There are a few things you could have done there.

Fill flash, like you said. A reflector would have helped a lot too.

You could have even used something to diffuse the light. Something like a sheet in a large frame, held overhead.

The easiest thing to do would be to just move to a shadier area.

What about shading in direct sunlight. I posted a picture of what I am talking about in my gallery. I am sure you'll notice, but his face is shaded and I have no clue how to fix that other than an external flash. Any suggestions?
My son takes great pictures and will usually hold still for me, but I still can't get great photos of him... :( that's why I am on here.

There are a few things you could have done there.

Fill flash, like you said. A reflector would have helped a lot too.

You could have even used something to diffuse the light. Something like a sheet in a large frame, held overhead.

The easiest thing to do would be to just move to a shadier area.

I actually think I got a reflector with my new lens!

My son takes great pictures and will usually hold still for me, but I still can't get great photos of him... :( that's why I am on here.

It gets easier.

It looks like you may have missed the focus on that one (the eyes need to be in focus). Just getting the focus right can be challenging as much as they like to move around...

A sheet of white poster board can work as a make-shift reflector.

It won't reflect as much light as a real reflector - but it's better than nothing, and dirt cheap.

Most reactions

Back