One of my 1st portraits

Cole_Alex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is the 1st portrait I have done of a person with my new D70, background and 50.00 light setup.

This is a picture I did in about 10-15 min on sat.

Tim_Pic_01.jpg

SETUP: 1-JTL Slave flash (screws into a light socket) attached to a tripod Camera right about 45deg with a Wescott 32" umbrella. Behind subject was a hotshoe flash with hotshoe slave to work as background light. All flashes triggered by on camera flash used as fill.

I will have to double check the settings but if I remmber correct it was iso 200, S-1/60, A-9.5, 70mm.

All comments, feedback and critics welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
Alex

Very classic pose. Your lighting is done well, even got the catch lights in the eyes :thumbsup: Only thing I notice is that the background seems to compete a little with the subject. Perhaps a tad less lighting there would make it not compete at all.

Nice photo, I like it! I do notice that there is a wrinkle in the backdrop (I have the same one!) Could you clone that maybe? The headshot is really good but that shadow from the wrinkle keeps tearing my eyes away. (Must be the laundry freak in me.....LOL)

Very nice! I don't have any problem with the background. It's soft enough and the tonal range is fine. If it does trouble you, try a bit of vignette on the whole image to help draw the viewer's eye into the portrait... a classic technique for a classic portrait.

VERY cool that you can get this results on the cheap!! Congrats!

-Pete Christie

Most reactions

Back