One of my cichlid macros

$naps!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanuprise.net
Hi all, [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I thought I would post a macro shot of one of my cichlids. This is some type of young Labeotropheus, from lake malawi. I just entered this headshot in a cichlid photo contest even though they dont do as well as full body shots. I like how the pigments of color are on so many different levels throughout the scales of this 3/4 inch baby fish. I love the fleshy snouts on these fish, I think they are cute.. lol

[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Labeotropheus.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]60mm 1/80th @ f11 ISO 200

[/FONT]
I thought I would add this body shot also.

labeobody700.jpg

[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Wow great macros, the color and texture are amazing. You did a great job shooting through aquarium glass.

Both are amazing, but the detail in the first. *Jaw drops on floor* Great colours and depth of field.

I really really like that first one here VERY much! For the cichlid photo contests they prefer the whole-body pics? Well, I prefer the detail - and detail there is in your first shot. Wow. Ever so much of it. And the light is so cool... that little fish (I assume it is little from the second photo there which gives some nice "context") seems to be a "glow-in-the-dark" fish :D.

ty guys,
They like the profile shots because they are usually harder to take properly and they want to see the full fish.
For example, my second shot is ok, its in focus head to tail, shot eye level, but the rock in the background is a bit distracting, and also the fish is slightly turned away from the shot. I feel I over sharpened it too. They also like to see all the fins opened up and look for even lighting. Very tough stuff.. I think. There are some amazing fish and photography that I see from others!! I Love to look at the pictures.
Shooting fish is one of the things the got me interested in photography again. Its rewarding to get good capture of your fish.

one word ..... WOW

good job on these, you have some clean glass. i took a few shots when I still had an aquarium, but they never turned out even remotely close to this good... :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back