One of my favorites from yesterday

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I helped a friend shoot a wedding yesterday. I'm starting the editing process today. As I went through the shots I took, this one was one of my favorites so I wanted to share it. I haven't done any editing yet but I will be posting more later.

DSC00348.jpg

Great pose and nice image but I quickly learned that shooting portraits in bright sunlight is a bad idea. The dark shadows under the eyes and on bride's left shoulder and also the burnt out dress detract a little from it.

This would have looked better in the shade possibly with a reflector to bounce some light back into the scene.

I agree with EOS JD

Intersting pose, i'd say watch out for leaving to much space above the heads, i dont think it gives anything to the photo to have it there. Plus again with the shadows but i can't say nothing ^_^

I had the same shadow problem with my last wedding shoot. Luckily they were restorable. I have another wedding job soon and the fill in flash is going to be ready for use if it is sunny :)

I rarely shoot weddings. That being said; I agree with the crop idea and harsh light. My main concern is that the bride and groom seem separated. What were your thoughts when you shot the photo?

Love & Bass

Thanks for the pointers. I'll remember that for the next wedding I shoot. There's always something I learn that I can do better the next time.

The pose is something I've seen many times. The idea is that the bride is the main focus while the groom is looking at her and he's slightly out of focus. The next shot in the series is that the bride looks over her shoulder at her groom and he's in focus. The main photographer was rushing everyone through the shots and I had to set this up with little room and about 2 minutes to fire off the shots. The church had very little ground to work with and the pastor seemed to want everyone out and off the church property as quickly as possible. I'm going to edit it so he's a little more out of focus as the original plan was and hopefully fix the shadow/lighting a little.

I like the grooms pose, but the brides pose is a little off maybe. I think that she is just looking like, Geeez when is this over. Nice work

Don't do too much post processing as the shot is fine. I was just pointing out a few small points. You may find doing more PP the image will start to look false.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back