One of my few attempts at portrait work

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I'd like to get more into people photography, but just don't seem to know that many people! :?

Anyway, here is one my attempts with a friend of mine from our soccer team. Don't know if the site I'm linking from accepts hot linking, so if this doesn't work I'll fix it from home later. :D

986056-aa46940b8f246511.jpg

that is a neat perspective. The colors are nice and warm and also appear soft making the skin and its tones look very realistic.

I am not quite sure what to make of the angle of the eyes. The picture says something but I am not sure what that is yet. If I figure it out I will let you know.

Either way I am drawn to the eyes... nice shot I really like it.

very nice, interesting perspective :D ... do u have any more?

Dew said:
very nice, interesting perspective :D ... do u have any more?

Hmm, actually I've got about a hundred shots from that sitting, but still haven't gotten many of them through post work (I had a camera that wasn't very cooperative and not enough light).

Here's one more that came out okay. Interesting lighting at least. I should have PSed out the veins in the eyes though. :lol:

981586-74a5e13ce958edae.jpg

nice :) ... i always like shadows on one side of the face also ... i find it adds more "dimension" imo

I would say keep attempting. You are definetly on to something. I have always had a hard time with photgraphing portraits and people in general. The lighting is beautifully soft and your subject seems relaxed. Revealing a tender moment.

Most reactions

Back