One Of My First...

NathanJPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all this is an amazing forum and I am glad I finally signed up.

Anyway to the point, I took this photograph a few weeks back and I wanted some C&C on it please :)

4265093107_bce12c20e9_b.jpg

I think its beautiful. Glad I finally joined too.

welcome here.

a slightly lower angle would have looked better, this way more focus is on the light reflected on the beach and rocks.
and reduce font size on your name to 10 or 12 pts, it's distracting as it is now.

It does not work for me because there is no real subject, not sure i should be looking at the sky or the pebbles on the beach, try waiting till the sun gets lower

Very pretty. I think the focus of the image should be the sun reflecting on the rocks. A tighter crop with less sky might have worked better? Watermark is not great- and I don't love the border.

First impression for me was that it's a nice sharp photo and very nice. It does lack a clear subject, but that doesn't bother me so much in this. Perhaps the sun would be easier to look at if it were lower in the sky and not as bright. The horizon seems to be a bit tilted too.

i love how all the sand is clumpy...if that is even the sand..maybe rocks? i like it!...and a little less brightness on the sun but i like how its reflecting off the beach.

To me it's a very nice looking shot - colours and exposure are great, and I like the composition, however I will repeat what has already been said, there really needs to be a main subject to make it from a 'nice' photo to great photo. And again, the signature is distracting, but that's your prerogative.

Thank you for all your replies :) I will keep working on my composition work, I thought this photograph wasnt bad for a point and shoot camera :D.

I understand about there not being a main subject in the picture I was aiming for the reflection on the sand/bricks :)

Ill keep working to improve :x

oh and btw just because im excited, I ordered a Canon 50D today :D woohoo

I love it! The rocks make it different than any other typical sunset beach photo.Im no professional but in my opinion I don't think there always has to be a subject to make a picture great. Good Job. Keep it going. ;)

I am with the last poster. If the picture is good, it is because it looks good to human eye. It may or may not have a subject(would have been a different issue if you were in photography school:)) If the sun had been a bit more down, this would have been a perfect picture to me. But maybe then you wouldn't have this great reflection on the sand. Who knows?..
So I really liked it...

Most reactions

Back