One pic for C/C please!

say_cheeese!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This started off as a snapshot followed by some playing around on photoshop. Please let me know your thoughts?? :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

DSC06432colorsplashhlre.jpg

i like it, but the blown background is distracting.

did you cut around the inside mirror frame with addlayer mask or something? i think i can see some evidence of editing there.

yes i did, it was too dark and needed lightening up, however i am new to photoshop aswell as photography so its not as tidy as i would have liked. Am going to be getting some camera and photoshop tuition in the near future. Thanks for your comment on the distracting background, i will take it into consideration in future pictures. :D

Well, what i normally do is this:
Make a selection (doenst normally get all i want, we'll say of the mirror) with the magic wand tool.
Then i press q (for quick mask), and everything tht is red, is not in the selection.
I then press b (for brush), select the proper size with soft edges, and paint out what i want selected (that is, make it not-red)
If you are painting in red, press x, and then it will paint out the red.
Once that is done, press q again, then go layer, new adjustment layer, and curves (for brightening, darkening, and other good things). I normally take the center pt and move that.

i hope i explained that well enough, but ii found that is really easy for editing on section of the whole.

And, i use a new layer, so that if i dont like it, i can change it. IF it was on the background, i cannot go back the next day and change it.

Thanks, i'll give that a go on the original and see if it comes out any better. But besides the poor photo editing i am interested to know peoples opinions on this type of PP, what would they have done different, for example just left it in B&W?

its all a personal preference. to me, im not sure that selective coloring is working here. Maybe all b and w, or the reverse selective coloring (mirror be b and w).

Most reactions

Back