one pic of my truck for you... please c&c

BIG RYAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took this a little while ago and just found it hiding in a folder. i threw it in photoshop and this is what i got... i brought back some color, but idk if i did enough to it. i cropped til i got decent composition then changed the brightness/contrast and saturation a bit, other then that im not really sure what to do. ill post the original too for a comparison. feel free to edit either one but please explian what you do/did. im still very much a beginer in PS. thanks in advance :sexywink:

DSCN27812-1.jpg

the original VV

DSCN2781.jpg

The tire tracks in the sand distracts me from the subject--not the ones leading away from the truck but the ones in the lower left.

#1. Nice background........really nice but the subject is dull.

#2, dull background & dull subject= nothing stands out for me. If the truck was painted a bright or glossy color the photo would be nice.

Off topic: That truck rocks besides the paint job! What is your clearance to the ground?

The tire tracks in the sand distracts me from the subject--not the ones leading away from the truck but the ones in the lower left.

#1. Nice background........really nice but the subject is dull.

#2, dull background & dull subject= nothing stands out for me. If the truck was painted a bright or glossy color the photo would be nice.

Off topic: That truck rocks besides the paint job! What is your clearance to the ground?

its a popular tourist spot a few cars were leaving when i pulled up, and i plan on shooting that bridge when i get my dslr which should be very soon... thanks for the input.

yeah paint coming soon (bright orange) and the ground clearance is none it lays flat on the frame...

sorry for being very off topic here too but heres a video of it that low while driving... but then its right back to business!!!! lol
DSCN1281.flv video by sonomasummer - Photobucket

That film was great, take some pictures of it sparking up the road!

its hard to take photos of something while your driving it and i wont trust anybody else to drive it let alone drag it... i have a friend actually the guy who got me interested in photography who is into the trucks like me but he lives 50ish miles away so i dont see him to often and when i do i uasually dont have the truck... but the whole club is getting ready to go on a long cruise and have a cook out soon so ill definetly have some pics of that, and ill have my cam by then too...

heres his site, if you look hard enough youll find some older pics of my truck and a bunch of others...
Gallery

Nice picture Get some bondo on the truck sand it prime and give it a sunset orange candy paint and pin stripe it, throw some TI or Dropstar rims and you got yourself a car.

I like the photo and edits - not overdone and the crop is nice.

I agree with what's mentioned above; the background is great, but when you compare the subject (truck) to the dirt it's on, it blends waaayy too well. If the truck were a different color, or the road paved it would stand out moreso.

thanks guys, ive got some primer on it now but its still not paint... ive been holding off on alot of work until i get my camera so i cant document it better and practice so by the time its lookin real good i have a decent set of skills to show it off in photos...

Methinks it benefits from a crop:

I'm not really digging the bridge in the background. I like the truck and the location, but I think you could redo the photo shoot and process it a bit differently afterwords. Good luck! :thumbup:

I like the comp. but this is what I would do next. Same shot, rake out tire tracks, but a sunnier day, use a polarizer, and you need something other than the bridge and truck, being careful not to make it too busy.

that spot is an hour drive from my house but i do plan on returning there eventually... ill be much better prepared next time...

i cant really comment on the pictures seeing as i have no experience, but this is what im looking to do. get into photography, and combine it with my #1 passion, cars

nice truck btw, i personally love a work in progress

Nice Chevy S-10 you got there! I too am a Chevy man!!!

I hope you don't hit many bumps in that thing. Could get your exhaust ripped right out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back