One Portrait shot of the girl.

andrew07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the flower in the girls hair is a very cliche thing nowadays but we were boring inside so i decided to go out in the yard and take some pictures of my girlfriend, her dad is now wanting me to do a shoot of her and buy prints.lol

really the only complaint I have against this photo is her bra strap in hanging down, but owell.

what do you think? dont be too harsh, still a newbie to this.

ortontest.jpg

Well you obivously have the basics down, however, our post processing needs some 'taming' in my opinion (of course that is all opinion right?)

Her skin tone is way too orange, and whatever method yo used to the blur the skin (gaussin blur) you need to remove from her eyes and smaller details, it looks like this image is completely out of focus otherwise.

The angle is good however I would have it closer cropped (and get her hair laying flat), her arm hanging by her side (as well as the bra strap you mentioned) is too static and draws away from her eyes.

Hopefully taht helps some, you are definitely on to something though :D

re edited it, taking your advice, its much appreciated! turned out a lot better.

still not sure if i got it yet or not...

ortontest-1.jpg

no more responses?

I like the new edit better. Not only because her skin looks much more natural...but because it's less 'soft'. The first one looked too soft IMO. In a shot like this, with a shallow DOF, the eyes (or whatever you choose to be in focus) needs to be very sharp, otherwise it looks like the whole thing is out of focus.

She has great eyes, if you could lighten them up a little bit...I think it would really make this photo pop.

ionno i like the eyes how they are. its like they look right through u!

thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it!!

The second is much better - gorgeous eyes. I'd try to remove the few stray hairs on her face though - the ones that are by and across her eye - that's really annoying. You could get rid of that bra strap as well pretty easily.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back