One portriat - Lidia

Ockie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eduardockerse.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot it last week, went with a couple of friends to a park to take some shots, we were all in the same university dorm this year, and dividing into 4 groups next year (4 per apartment / flat), so we all wanted some group shots to hang them on the walls at each flat ;)

This was one of the spontaneous shots I took between the group shots, and its one of the favorites from that morning ;)

C&C welcome

lidiabyockieqc6.jpg

PS: The group shots didn't turn out as I wanted, but my friends are happy with it, which was the main goal that morning :)

Her teeth look rather yellow...and yes, my eyes automatically go to people's teeth for the record ;)

But maybe if you threw the shot into black and white, it'd look better. I'm not sure though. I think the composition and everything is nice, the exposure seems fine too, just those yellow looking teeth are really bothering me. It's one of those things you might never notice, but once you do, it never goes away.

ya, as a matter of fact, what Trenton suggests sounds good to me.

try out B&W (ofcourse you'll have to compromise the nice looking blurred out green in the BG) but overall it would look great.

Her teeth look rather yellow...and yes, my eyes automatically go to people's teeth for the record ;)

But maybe if you threw the shot into black and white, it'd look better. I'm not sure though. I think the composition and everything is nice, the exposure seems fine too, just those yellow looking teeth are really bothering me. It's one of those things you might never notice, but once you do, it never goes away.

sorry for the late response...

I just tried converting it to B&W, but quite some areas look over-exposed...
plus I somehow seem to like this more in color, although I'm quite a B&W fan normally ;)

Thanks for pointing the yellow teeth out though, something to remember for the future... I guess I should just whiten them a bit in PS :)

Apart from the fact that this photo makes me feel dizzy (which need not be bad, mind you), the hole in the foliage which gives you this bright-white area "bugs me" a bit, that bright spot is fairly distracting.
I am not sure a conversion would make this any better?

I do like the different look of your "model", the spontaneousness that speaks out of this photo, the pure joy of life she seems to exude - and all this is quite much underlined by the feeling of MOTION that this photo provokes in me (which accounts for the sensation of dizziness or even vertigo - but this is enhanced by the bad whiplash syndrome I'm suffering from right now).

What I cannot see are "yellow teeth".

I do like the different look of your "model", the spontaneousness that speaks out of this photo, the pure joy of life she seems to exude -

funny you mention that...
she had just broken up with her boyfriend that same week...

I tried converting it to B&W, but I personally prefer this one in color :)

Thanks for the c&c ;)

Most reactions

Back