One Reason Why I Still Love Film

wharrison

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't know if the folks on this site have seen this problem and/or discussed it, but some of you digital enthusiasts might wish to read the article at the link below.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1128958202.html

Obviously, from some current perspectives, film medium may have their own set of "problems", but none compared to the one discussed in the article.

Let's hope that this problem can be easily resolved.

Bill

Of course film also fails/malfunctions when exposed to high heat: before it's exposed, after it's exposed, during processing, and after processing.

If moisture from high humidity creeps into film packaging that's no good either.

I've had 3 of my favorite film cameras fail when exposed to prolonged cold. It wasn't what I would consider extreme cold, but it was still too much for the cameras.

Long before my DSLR will fail because it's exposed to high heat, high pressure, and high humidity, it's going to fail because the electronics are fragile, and I whacked it too hard. Fancy, modern electronic film cameras have the same problem, which is why I prefer the older, mechanical models. Too bad I can't get a DSLR built like a Nikon FM2n.

EDIT: I love film, because it's film, and it makes beautiful photographs. It doesn't matter to me how good or bad digital is (although I'm starting to really like it too), I love film with or without digital. If anything, as everyone else goes 100% digital, it just makes film even more special to me.

I would imagine they use the more expensive ceramic packaging, with the exception of the Fuji S2 (a tadd embarassing to be the only SLR on the list).

Dave

LOL

I like the effect. Where can I get a cam like that?

That's like Holga of digital cameras!

ksmattfish said:
Of course film also fails/malfunctions when exposed to high heat: before it's exposed, after it's exposed, during processing, and after processing.

If moisture from high humidity creeps into film packaging that's no good either.

I've had 3 of my favorite film cameras fail when exposed to prolonged cold. It wasn't what I would consider extreme cold, but it was still too much for the cameras.

Long before my DSLR will fail because it's exposed to high heat, high pressure, and high humidity, it's going to fail because the electronics are fragile, and I whacked it too hard. Fancy, modern electronic film cameras have the same problem, which is why I prefer the older, mechanical models. Too bad I can't get a DSLR built like a Nikon FM2n.

EDIT: I love film, because it's film, and it makes beautiful photographs. It doesn't matter to me how good or bad digital is (although I'm starting to really like it too), I love film with or without digital. If anything, as everyone else goes 100% digital, it just makes film even more special to me.

EXACTLY what Matt said. :thumbsup:

DocFrankenstein said:
LOL

I like the effect. Where can I get a cam like that?

That's like Holga of digital cameras!

It probably won't be long before they make their way onto ebay, :lmao:

i guess im in the clear since i dont see the D70 on the list :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back