One shot at the moon C&C

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well after I tried a while ago with some crappy results... I decided to try again when the moon was gleaming as I was coming home.

Please let me know what you think!

3673348937_a1e5bc5ab9_b.jpg

On a Tripod, spot metering, 1/160th, F 4.3 ISO 100. Zoomed all the way to 60mm optical, then I used the 4X to get it up to 240mm or so.

Please let me know what you think!

-Collin

I really like it!

Was that last night? I got a couple good ones at about 7:30 last night. Too bad I don't have a raw converter here at work or I'd upload one of them.

The craters really stood out. I also proved to myself my lens is plenty sharp, it's the guy behind the viewfinder who sucks at focusing. :)

Yes it was last night, I also see your in CT! you might be the first one in CT that I know on here haha I shot these in RAW but I just posted them in JPEG format because I wasn't sure if GIMP could open CRW format or not haha

Mine were taken at like.... 10:30 or so I believe, the tie stamps are all messed up and stuff on my camera.

thanks everyone! keep the C&C coming

Yes it was last night, I also see your in CT! you might be the first one in CT that I know on here haha I shot these in RAW but I just posted them in JPEG format because I wasn't sure if GIMP could open CRW format or not haha

Mine were taken at like.... 10:30 or so I believe, the tie stamps are all messed up and stuff on my camera.

thanks everyone! keep the C&C coming

GIMP can't open raw images, however, if you get UFRaw (just google it, it's on sourceforge) it hooks up nicely with GIMP. Plus it's free.

Where in CT you from?

O nice ya I will defiantly look into it! I am in Tolland, not too far from Woodstock

Here's one taken about 2 hours earlier about 30 miles away. :)

Handheld @ 300mm so the sharpness isn't all that great. The color is correct, it was shot at civil twilight.

3680499740_df6172c116_b.jpg

mine was resting on the tripod. I mean that if I took my hand off the camera the tripods head would have drooped over because I didnt tighten it up. wasn't an issue with the fast shutter speed tho! I dont know why mine looks closer than yours... you were at 300mm and I was at about 240mm or so....

Great Shot!

Im in Charlotte, NC

last night. canon rebel xs 300mm

f11 iso100 1/40
moon3.jpg

^^ You could have got away with a smaller f-number than 11 surely? Not that it isn't a great photo but it would have made it a bit easier for you I would have thought...

i played around with quite a few settings, this one seemed to work the best for last nights conditions

Most reactions

Back