one shot from todays senior portrait sitting...

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
When asked about the mole she said leave it on... Had a great time shooting her on her grandparents lake home. Even got to shoot her fully clothed in the water for something different. Will post the set when I get to this group of pics...

IMG_6940.jpg

AMAZING eyes on the model. Gorgeous! I like the picture BUT that hair is CRAZY!! I mean I'm sure you can't go back and fix it now, the session is already over but just for future reference.

Edit: Oh and the lighting is superb as well

~Michael~

Good point about the hair. Guess I was sooooo excited about having a naturally pretty subject I just was shooting anything. Maybe others from this pose / location will be better.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Doug

ok, decided to do a few more quick edits b4 bed tonight. The water shots were just for fun and are not really "senior ports". She wasnt much of a smiler, and when prompted to, it didnt look natural so thats why she looks so unthrilled. I bet with time and a few sessions, she could really make my photography look good. :)

1. On this one I thought to make it B&W but decided to bring the color back just a tad. Never did that with any of my pics before. Hows it look?
jenna1.jpg

2. I know this one is so wrong technicly. She was in shade and the background was sunlit, so to get her exposed decent, I had to over expose. I know there are ways to get it right, but this was just a fun shoot. I thought this turned out ok.
jenna2.jpg

3.Again never tried this before, but how could I let a long haired girl in the water get away without trying this shot...
jenna3.jpg

4. No words needed...
jenna4.jpg

Number is 2 is my fav but I would dodge out the rest of the background completely! Number 3 is good, but her hands in the water is not doing it for me.

Very nice pics, and the only one that is fairly saucy, IMO, would be the last one.

My son's a senior, and you should see some of the stuff his GF and her friends wear....these pics are tame. Either I wasn't paying enough attention, or they just didn't build 'em like that when I was in school....:confused:

She is beautiful. Your first shot is my fav. I am left wondering what her natural smile looks like when she is relaxed. How does one go from shooting a young womans senior portrait to hair tossing in the water? LOL

Derrick

Her natural smile was not so pretty. (putting it mildly) One whole side of her face became a dimple. Hard to explain. Ill find one or two and post them in here. Even when she smiled or laughed not for the camera, it looked forced.

Doug

Most reactions

Back