Onenote

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Sharkbait, May 24, 2004.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Hey, a week or so I noticed one of the ad banners here on TPF for a new microsoft product--Onenote. I dl'ed it and it's pretty handy!! It's kind of like a much more free-form version of Word that allows multiple layers.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention.

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

I don't understand what you mean by layers in Word. How would you use layers in word processing? Can you give an example?

3. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Imagine your standard old word document screen. Now imagine that instead of typing line by line, you can click and type anywhere on the page...kind of like making a series of lists on a piece of blank paper.

Then you can layer it as well. Say for instance I"m taking this summer class. I want to keep all my notes for class in one file. I'll have a layer for notes from one of my textbooks, a layer for notes from the other textbook, and a layer for notes from the lecture. They're all tabbed off on the right.

Tabbed at the top then are all my different documents--class notes, to-do lists, etc. It's like being able to have open a dozen more versatile word documents at the same time, all accessible by a single click. It's really pretty innovative.

4. Dandy-Warhol

Dandy-Warhol TPF Noob!

it's about time they came up with something like that

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow :)