online photo finishing

texasturbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to this forum (1st post) and would really like to learn more about where all the experts on here suggest getting their photos done online? I have only used Kodak Galley in the past. I now see that there are many more options that offer endless choices from ink to paper to different mounting options. If even looks like some of these places do enhancements and color correcting. So where would the best place for a beginner like myself go to get better photos on better paper with better ink than Kodak Gallery?

Jeff

As a sorta-beginner myself, I actually recommend finding a shop locally (like a Ritz or something) that will print your photos. You can at least see the results immediately, and if the quality is seriously lacking you can have them reprinted right away.

I prefer CostCo - they are cheap and there is one couple blocks from my work.

Others here have recommended www.winkflash.com - the 450dpi prints seem very interesting. Just never got around to trying them out. I believe they give you the first 50 4x6 free - something like that.

There is also www.mpix.com. These guys are substantially more expensive then winkflash - almost 3 times more. Am guessing they use higher quality paper.

White House Custom Color

www.whcc.com is my print shop. They're a little complicated to get your first order in but it's definitely worth it.

One recent print I had made for a client was an enlargement to 24"x36". Once I got done putting the file to their specs, it was about 1-2 mb's. It was phenomenal quality too. I was more than happy when I got it back.

They do 2 day shipping as standard and the price of shipping is figured into their print prices.

I use Mpix.com exclusively. I've tried a handful of online developers and have had mixed results. Been using Mpix for about 2 years now and have never been disappointed. Plus they offer different finishes, frames, mats, etc.

I have been using Full Color, Inc. for a little while--I am pretty new as well. I think they offer 50% off your first order. So you might want to try them out. They have great customer service and I am always super pleased with the quality! Hope that is helpful--good luck.

I would also advise not to look for who's cheapest. I know a few photogs that look for the best deals and it always surprises me a bit that instead of sticking with one that works, they'd risk a crappy print to save what... $.10 on a 4x6?

So that's my advice... in the scheme of things price should be very low on the priority list.

I like Ritz, winkflash

Most reactions

Back