Online Photo Storage

stoi689

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody,

Still fumbling around trying to master this photography thing!

Just a quick question. With regards to storing photos online, in folders for quick view and easy access. Which website do you guys use? There are so many about: photobucket, flickr, kodak etc. just wondering from experience who you have found does a good job.

I'm happy to pay if necessary but it's a bit of a minefield so any suggestions or advice would be greatefully received.

Cheers! Steve

Maybe just a terminology issue...but I'd call them photo "hosting" sites, not 'storage'. You upload to sites like that, so that you can share them with others...but I wouldn't consider them a place to 'store' your images (always keep your original photos on your computer, or somewhere more secure).

i use flickr
dont know how photobucket is anymore, but back in the day they used to KILL the integrity of the picture

I personally chose Zenfolio after trying many different services. I can elaborate more here if you want, but I wrote a short article about it a few weeks ago which explains why: Myfotoguy: Sharing Your Images in an Online Gallery

The short of it is, I wanted a place that reliably stored my images, with access controls and displays my images in a beautiful way.

For sharing photos, I usually use facebook. Any photo's that I publish to web forums, I use photobucket.

For storage, I host a few websites including a personal website where I store all my photos. For $3.95 a month, its worth every penny.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I will definitely keep my pics on the computer but just had a worrying moment the other day where I thought I had deleted a load of snaps and wanted to secure them somewhere that I couldn't destroy them! Also somewhere for hosting would be great too.

You should buy an external HD anyway. They are a lot cheaper now a days. I have a 1TB HD that I picked up for $70 at a after Christmas sale that I store files on.

I keep all my files on my EXT HD and I also put some on the web.

Most reactions

Back