Online photography course?

hi guys im on lesson four which means going out and about to take some pics. so this lesson will take longer.

the previous ones could be done sat in the lounge, nice and comfy.

i submitted 3 pics and got my feedback this morning, which was fast.

the teacher gave me some tips on how to make the pics better although i posted them too small so he couldne really give a good assessment [but that was my fault not his]

the course is 84 dollars which is 40 pound in my money and if anybody is interested i think its well worth it.

lots of stuff to print out and digest and 13 lessons in total.

[and if anybody is wondering i was not asked to say this ]

oh oh and they also have a forum so we can see what each other is up too

Im new here and a beginer, I would love to sign up for the online classes.

I too have recived feedback on the 3 photos that I submitted yesterday as part of lesson 1 - and received some good pointers. Funny you should say Jols that your photos were too small for in depth feedback - so were mine apparently! So that's something to keep in mind next time!!

I am up to lesson 4 - playing around with aperture and depth of field. Hopefully the weather clears up today and I can get outside.

A good course so far!!

ok guys

came across my first prob with the course.

i had a question so posted it last night and first thing this morning my query has been answered.

i think i may get a lot out of this course.

some of the info you can get out of any text book, but the way it is explained is so clear even i understand it ha ha

I'm so glad you guys are reporting back on your experience with this class. I have always had an interest in photography but must admit that I know nothing! I just received a new fancy camera as a gift, that has so much on it and I have no idea how to use it.
Is this a good class for someone like me who needs to learn everything?

I would say yes, although if you got a book it would say the same stuff.
BUT
the way they word the 'rules' makes it very understandable.

also you can post them questions and the replies are written for new phototogs so its not all the jargon just plain english. ha ha

at $84 or 44 pound i think it would be well worth it.

hope all this feedback helps

Too bad I missed this... :(
I just registered today in this forum and was actually looking for an online class to start from...

great offer.., let us know about your progress amara ans Jols. maybe the rest of us could benifit with some pointers. I am new and interesting on going to class to learn how to use my new camera. Good luck on your course.

Would it be possible to get a full review of the entire experience when the both of you are finished with the course? I'd like to get my wife into photography some, and I think this is something that she might enjoy. If it helps her learn enough, I'll be totally willing to pay for it for her.

What I'm looking for is:

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

Did you get a full explanation of each of the areas you were taught in, or were you left with questions?

Were you able to ask those questions and get answers?

I don't necessarily want a review on each section (I think there were 13, right?), but I'd like to get a good feel for how the entire course played out, including all the ups & downs.

Thanks in advance... ;)

Wish I could apply but I joined this forum 2 days ago haha.

Can and will definitely do a full review once I have finished the course. Still on lesson 4 at the moment, waiting for a fine day to get out and shoot, and being a film user, got the get them developed too! But it's all good, you can take as long as you want with the course.

What a great way to promote a product that you believe in. I cannot believe that I did not see this post until today. :confused:

I think I would have been a perfect candidate to try his out. Just new enough to photography to benefit (about 6 months in the dSLR world), and just experienced and "aged" enough to be able to give a sincerely honest opinion of it from an educational and technical content level... seeing that I am an advanced computer trainer myself.

Congrats!! The winners definately deserve it! :thumbup: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Edit:
After looking over the site and content, and seeing that they are offering the course at just under $85US, if this offer is still available 1-2 weeks maximum after Christmas, I'll sign up, pay for it and come back with my own feedback! Heck, I just put over $1650 into a single lens, whats another 85 bucks... on my next pay? :lmao:

i will definately keep everyone posted.

i am on lesson 4 as well and i too waiting for a nice day to get ut and take some photos.

i will probably do it after christmas now as amara said you can take as long as you want to do the course.

cant say much more at the moment for fear of repeating myself, but i am really enjoying it

also will do a full reveiw when finished.

if anyone wants to asks any quetions ask away

[keep the questions on this thread then everything is under one roof so to speak]

Most reactions

Back